Once again, Google is improving the trial version of Android 11. It starts a new half beta version for its own Google smartphones with bug fixes.
A new beta version appears less than two months before the final release of Android 11. However, it is not a completely new stage of the ongoing testing phase, but rather a smaller intermediate update. Google itself writes about a beta version 2.5 that is now being released for the unfinished operating system of the smartphone.
There are mainly various bug fixes, including a fixed issue with the navigation bar and a flickering screen on current Pixel smartphones. Google is now releasing the new Android 11 Beta 2.5 (RPB2.200611.012) for its own Pixel phones, so it should end up on devices via the OTA update.
Today we released a patch for # Android11 Beta 2 with the latest fixes for users.
A Beta 2.5 version update is coming for Pixel devices running Android 11 Beta, and downloads are available for Pixel, GSI, and Android Emulator.
Details → https://t.co/P8xopr96WV pic.twitter.com/UCmFPWNS5e
– Android Developers (@AndroidDev) July 22, 2020
Android 11 Beta 2.5 Changelog
- Fixed issues that prevented a user from hearing or recording audio in apps after making a VoIP call.
- The notification drawer no longer stops popping up sometimes when a user swipes down from the top of the screen. (Issue # 159768228)
- The screen no longer flickers on some devices when the screen is set to a low brightness level. (Issue # 156051413)
- Fixed various issues that could cause devices to reboot intermittently. (Issue # 159888167)
- The navigation bar no longer appears in cases where it normally wouldn’t, such as during device reboot. (Issue # 159592365)
- Some Pixel 4 / XL devices that have received more than one Android 11 update are no longer blocked from receiving an OTA on Android 10. (Issue # 158765677)
- Video recording no longer breaks sometimes when using the Camera app (issue number 159185509).
- The Dialer app no longer uses the speaker sometimes as the default audio device. (Issue # 159203518)
- In the Messages app, RCS chat features no longer sometimes get stuck in the Connecting state. (Issue # 159786769)
If you need more information or suitable links, please contact Google directly.
Google is still scheduled, the third quarter should be aimed at the launch of Android 11. But there were small changes in the middle. At the beginning of September he was in the room once, but Google did not confirm it again.
Google launches Android 11 beta and reveals new features