In case you lose your smartphone or get a new one, it is a good idea to backup your contacts in advance. This often saves you a lot of work, since you don’t have to re-query or type your contacts. Next, we will show you different ways that you can backup your Android contacts in advance.
Basically we recommend that you use Google sync because it is here very effective against data loss They are protected. If you don’t want to back up your data to the Google cloud, you can still use the other two methods.
Saving your contacts on the SIM or SD card should on all Android smartphones function. Yet you lose in Loss of smartphone and then your data.
Software backup on your computer may not work with all Android smartphones depending on the program. Also you are not ahead Loss of data on your hard drive protected. But you can go through a Backup using external storage mediumlike a USB stick or external hard drive, at least to some extent.
Backup via Google sync
You can keep your contacts through your Google user account make backup copies. Your data is saved online and can be synced with your new device when it starts up. You often activate this feature when setting up your new smartphone. If you haven’t, you can easily do it. We recommend this method of syncing as you can still access your contact list even if you lose your smartphone:
- Open the Settings about Gear icon.
- Scroll down to the menu item “Accounts“or”Accounts and sync“And touch it.
- Then go to “Google“.
- Scroll down to “contactsAnd move the switch so that it is green. Your contacts will now sync automatically.
- To keep your contacts in a new smartphone Transferred to, Contact Us in this with your google account to. In the settings under the menu item “Accounts“or”.Accounts and sync“You can use the data saved in your contact list on your smartphone Synchronize Google servers.
Note: You can also view your synced Google contacts at the following address: https://contacts.google.com
Save to SD or SIM card
This method is especially useful if you have your contacts from a old smartphone to new smartphone wants to copy.
Note: Your SIM card may not have enough space to store all your contacts on it. If so, try one of the other methods listed here to back up your contacts.
- Open your pre-installed contactsApp.
- Go to the three dots in the upper right corner. A small window will open. There he touches “Import / export contacts “ to. With some smartphones you still have to “Manage contacts” choose.
- Now choose “Export to SIM card“or”Export to SD card” outside.
- Manually select the contacts you want to export or use the three dots in the upper right to click “Select all“.
- Now click on “save money“. The export process starts automatically.
- About him Contacts exported from SIM card you can easily transfer it to a new smartphone using your old one SIM card in its new smartphone stuck. It looks similar when you add your old SD card in a new smartphone stuck. You can use the Contacts application through “Import / export contacts“Select your contacts Imported SD card be.
Note: Follow the next step to find out how to use contacts exported to SD card on computer.
Save to computer
In addition to the above methods, you can also use a Software on PC read. There is, for example, AirMore or MyPhoneExplorer. This program can be used to transfer files such as contact lists.
You can also use your Contact lists as a vcf file that you can read with Office or Outlook programs. vcf files too vCards calls, are digital business cards that are attached to your contacts.
To do this, as in the previous step, export your Contacts on SD card. They are then saved as .vcf files and can be added to your Computer copied be. You can open it there with Outlook, for example. To access the files, connect your Cell phone wired to your computer. Then open the device in Explorer and click “SD card“. There you look for the Contact files. Alternatively, you can also use your Insert the SD card into the computer and access the file there directly. Here you only choose the SD card via Windows Explorerto access it.
If you have the contacts from your computer to your phone you must drag it back to your SD card. Then you can upload it to a new smartphone as in step 6 of “Save to SD or SIM card”.
Note: When backing up your contact information to your computer, it is recommended to save it externally as well. If you also back up your files to a USB stick or external hard drive, you are better protected against data loss on your standard hard drive.