There is something magical about Christmas time. Love and harmony are in the air. At least most of the time. Well, once in a while. And the aroma of cookies. And Christmas stress and various errands make us sweat from every pore. And children tend to be a little worse than usual out of sheer excitement and blissful anticipation. Of course, they think about nothing but gifts. And that from December 1 for 24 days. I, I preach year after year… the Child Jesus sees everything… But I also leave you other Christmas classics during this time.
Phrases that I say FREQUENTLY during Advent:
- When the Child Jesus sees that….
- A cookie is only available AFTER the meal.
- First get dressed, then brush your teeth and only then open the advent calendar.
- We are going to sing to you yet, little children, come.
- Ohhhh God! I have yet to receive gifts. Time flies too fast.
- As for Saturday: no, my husband has a Christmas party. I can’t get out of there.
- This time the year passed especially quickly.
- Christmas has only made sense since we were children.
- Who put the colored lights in the box last year so confused? There are a hundred knots there.
- I??? No, I have not eaten a cookie in secret!
- Let’s do something nice for Grandma.
- Oh, our Christmas decorations are especially beautiful this year.
- No, I haven’t bought any new Christmas decorations when we have so much anyway. I swear.
- I have gained at least 5 pounds in the last few days.
- I really don’t want anything. I can’t think of anything either.
- Let’s not give ourselves anything this year.
- Let’s participate in a shoe box at Christmas this year.
- Next year we will save the photo the children gave us for Christmas cards.
Phrases that I NEVER say during Advent:
- Sure, eat as many cookies as you want.
- Yes, great idea: open all the doors of the advent calendar today.
- Today I was completely relaxed shopping for Christmas presents. Nothing was happening in the mall.
- Yes, after the lavish Christmas dinner, I could use a second helping.
- At Christmas, the scale always shows my minimum weight.
- Oh, baking cookies with the kids was so relaxed and the kitchen was so clean afterwards.
- This year I took very good Christmas photos of the children. They all look at the camera and laugh. Maybe it was a fun photo shoot.
- I got home very early from the Christmas party.
- Sure, Grandma can sleep with us …
And the last sentence is very honest:
You are the best readers in the world. Thank you for existing. You are our gift!
We wish you a peaceful Advent season with some (many) quiet moments and a Merry Christmas.
Anne and Lisbeth
Rating: 1921 was an eventful year. The Zeppelin LZ Nordstern is on its maiden voyage. First …