Some time ago I attended a seminar on cloud computing and how to do cloud computing. But there is little understanding of cloud computing that I remember. What I noticed in the seminar was that cloud computing is a data storage area on the Internet. After looking at various articles that discussed the following explanation of cloud computingCloud Computing in words when translated into the Indonesian language it can read “cloud computing”, but so far “maybe” has no clear scientific definition or fundamental meaning other than a concept of understanding in the context of creating a network local online (LAN) and global (Internet) Computing frameworks in which there are various applications, data and storage media that a large number of users can access jointly (shared service) and simultaneously (concurrent access) access and use them, from individuals to companies. or corporate user classes.
So what are the benefits of cloud computing?Traditional servers are limited by the amount of central processor, hard drive, and memory. With the existing physical limitations, it is not possible to overload a conventional server with the maximum load. When resources / resources run out, we usually have to reinstall all applications and data on a server with higher capacity and migrate all existing applications to the new server. Setting up a new server takes 1 to 2 days, even if there are no problems. The cool thing about cloud computing is especially different from traditional servers
- Physically in the form of a collection of hardware / servers connected on a network (LAN / WAN). But from the side, users can see it as a great computer.
- Processor capacity, hard drive capacity and storage capacity are unlimited.
- The number of “hosting” servers running behind it is unlimited.
- Adding a “hosting” only takes a few minutes.
- If there is a lack of resources, that is fine. With the processor, hard drive and storage we can easily add additional servers and integrate them directly into the cloud network. It takes about 20 minutes to prepare a new or empty server for integration into the cloud network.
How Cloud Computing Works
The access mechanism to cloud computing is “possible” can be implemented in different ways: from standard access to the LAN or intranet with few agent or client applications to the extranet and Internet access through a browser provided by a cloud computing service provider. you are connected to an application portal. The application protocols used can also vary, but this is not very important from the perspective of the end user, since the end user is sufficient to know how to access and use the services included in cloud computing.
Some examples of cloud computing conceptsCloud computing isn’t really new, we actually use the concept, but it hasn’t evolved until now. The following is an example of using the concept of creating an online computing framework:
- An Internet portal with a multitude of possibilities. General service facilities (applications) ranging from electronic mail (e-mail), discussion forums to document storage with a very large storage medium to document exchange (such as 4shared, Indowebster, Mediafire, etc.) , Blog services, etc. are enough. All of them are provided in one place.
- Software as a service or SaaS services from a variety of leading information technology providers, from online virus detection services to spam detection services, etc.
- The article in this IT magazine can simply be called a cloud computing service that you can access and use at the same time.
- Point-of-sale or POS applications at supermarket checkouts using the terminal service method can also be classified as the fundamentals of cloud computing.
Cloud computing may evolve due to “ease of use” in which end users with “relatively relative” ease of use from LAN or Internet media can simultaneously access and collaborate in a “fairly” complicated procedure to through a browser.
Public cloud and private cloud
Cloud computing doesn’t have to use the public internet. This technology can be operated on a LAN on IntraNet. Cloud computing on common Internet infrastructure is called the public cloud. Cloud computing on LAN / IntraNet is generally called private cloud, it seems that most of the companies in Indonesia prefer to use private cloud as it is more secure and has better performance as the connection uses LAN.
This is all about understanding cloud computing or cloud computing, please bring a comment if you have any flaws or questions. Hope the above article can help you understand cloud computing.