Google unveils its new Pixel 4 on Tuesday afternoon (October 15, 2019) and MediaMarkt appears to have given away the price in advance. Good news for interested buyers, because the price reported there is cheaper than expected. If you had ordered the Pixel 3 in the previous year 849 euros, Google wants according to MediaMarkt in […]
Google unveils its new Pixel 4 on Tuesday afternoon (October 15, 2019) and MediaMarkt appears to have given away the price in advance. Good news for interested buyers, because the price reported there is cheaper than expected. While the previous year for the Pixel 3 was 849 euros, according to MediaMarkt, Google only wants this year 749 euros for the basic model of the Pixel 4 series (with 64 GB of memory).
Introduced Google Pixel 4 (XL): 90 Hz display, Motion Sense and other innovations
Is Google pushing the price?
If the short-term list price is correct, Google would have to want the previous year’s price of 849 euros for 128GB of storage. We will know by Tuesday afternoon at the latest if the XL model will be cheaper. You put the Pixel 4 on par with the Samsung Galaxy S10e and that would only be fair to customers.
In my opinion, there is even a bit more to this, such as the following innovations and highlights:
- Dual main camera with 16 MP zoom, double exposure control (shadow, light), astrophotography (night shots from the sky), faster night mode and optimized camera application.
- Motion Sense – Gesture control via built-in radar chip for Android apps and games. Hand movements control music, alarm clock and other functions without having to touch the smartphone.
- Fast 90Hz display: A 30Hz higher refresh rate ensures an extremely smooth viewing experience.
- The Google Assistant starts up faster, can respond to local functions with almost no delay, and can execute voice commands. The assistant can also hear voice commands as soon as the user picks up the device.
- Face Unlock: Google replaces the fingerprint, instead scans the user’s face with infrared if desired.