OnePlus has also adjusted the price of the base model, entry into the new generation of OnePlus smartphones is only possible from 699 euros.
I wrote last year that the then-new OnePlus 7 was a price hit. The initial shot shot up to 559 euros, but there was largely updated high-end hardware. A year later, it’s not much different, the entry-level model of the new 8 series has some very strong hardware to offer again. When it comes to price alone, OnePlus has come a long way. The 8 series only starts at 699 euros, but there’s the new OnePlus 8 with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
Somewhere between the flagship and the high-end: is that possible?
140 euros more in less than a year. You should consider whether the hardware offered reflects this value. More details on the equipment are shown below, as well as a picture of the back of the variant in “Interstellar Glow.” By the way, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage cost 100 euros more.
- 6.55-inch OLED display, FHD +, 90 Hz, fingerprint sensor
- Snapdragon 865, 8/12 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 128/256 GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- 48 MP camera (OIS, F1.75) + ultra wide angle, 16 MP macro camera
- 4300 mAh battery, 30 W fast charging via cable, USB-C 3.1
- 160.2 x 72.9 x 8.0mm, 180g
- Alert slider, dual speakers, haptic vibration
- Wifi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, 5G, NFC, dual band GPS, dual SIM
- Android operating system with Google applications
Of course, a OnePlus 8 Pro was also unveiled, more on that behind this link.