Xiaomi was recently considered unbeatable in terms of price-performance ratio, but Oppo’s subsidiary Realme wants to fight for a place in the sun. Now with the Realme X50 5G.
Oppo subsidiary Realme is stepping up and now introduces the X50 5G. Realme has re-released a new upper mid-range Android smartphone, at least if we take a closer look at the hardware. The long-awaited Realme X50 was delivered, which has a new Snapdragon 765G processor under the hood. More would only be possible with the 8 series of Qualcomm processors. However, Realme also offers one of its first 5G smartphones with the X50, the top model even has 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
Quad camera and fast 120Hz display
And otherwise, the Chinese only allow some compromises, as the data sheet shows. Interested customers have to do without OLED technology, the fast screen is an LCD. Now popular wireless charging isn’t on board here either.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage
- 6.57 ″ FHD + LC display with 120 Hz refresh rate
- 4200 mAh battery, 30 watt fast charge, USB-C
- 64 MP (F1.7) main camera + 119 ° ultra-wide, telephoto, macro
- 16 MP front camera + 105 ° ultra wide angle
- 5G SA / NSA, WiFi-ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint sensor in the housing frame
- Android 10 with ColorOS out of the box
As usual for Chinese manufacturers, Realme had initially only introduced the new Android smartphone in China. Therefore, there is currently no start date for Europe and no EIA for the European Economic Area. The website shows a price equivalent to € 322, so the smaller model (6/128 GB) could start for less than € 400 with us.
Realme is currently not only positioning itself as a serious Xiaomi competitor with us, but with slightly lower prices. You want to get something off the cake and not leave it to the competition. Understandable. For us, this price war means even more attractive devices and more options.