Rosemary oil is a little beauty miracle for hair. We tell you all the properties and positive effects of essential oil and we explain how to use it!
Rosemary oil against hair loss, dandruff and co.
Rosemary oil nourishes your scalp and gives your hair a healthy shine. Also, combat some annoying problems:
- Hair loss: In the case of hair loss, the problem is usually poor blood circulation to the scalp. Rosemary essential oil improves blood circulation to the hair roots and stimulates hair growth again.
- Dandruff: With dandruff, too, irritated and dry scalp is the main cause. With rosemary oil you calm and take care of your head and hair and make dandruff disappear a little more with each application.
- Itchy scalp: Rosemary oil ensures that your scalp receives an optimal blood supply and can better absorb nutrients. Itchy scalp is a thing of the past with rosemary oil!
- gray hair: With a rosemary conditioner mixed with sage, gray hair can be naturally darkened a bit and thus covered.
Rosemary oil for hair: how to use it!
Rosemary essential oil should never be spread neat on the scalp or hair, otherwise it is too irritating. Always use it diluted or mixed with other oils. We have selected two possible uses for you:
# Rosemary oil in shampoo
An easy way to use rosemary oil for hair care is to simply add ten drops of the essential oil to your regular shampoo. To increase the natural effect, you should choose a shampoo that contains as few additives as possible, or preferably without additives, such as parabens or silicones. Ideally, choose an organic * shampoo as a starting point. The rosemary oil must be of the Cineol or Borneon type or come from Spain or North Africa.
# Rosemary rinse
You can make a rosemary rinse very easily:
- Boil a cup of water with four sprigs of organic rosemary.
- Let the infusion simmer for 45 minutes.
- Sift the rosemary water into a bowl or glass so that only the liquid remains.
- Let the mixture cool and pour it into a container.
- Depending on the length of your hair, add rosemary essential oil and stir the mixture. Six drops are used for short hair, ten drops for longer hair.
- Shampoo your hair as you normally would. Next, sprinkle some rosemary conditioner over your hairline and down. Then wrap your hair in a towel and let the conditioner work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair well with the rest of the rosemary conditioner. Important: do not use water to rinse!
Note: Rosemary essential oil should not be used by pregnant women, as it can induce premature labor.
Beauty oils that you should know!
Cream, powder, grease: what a woman does not do for beauty! We will tell you which beauty oils should definitely not be missing from your bathroom furniture.
Whether it’s dandruff, itchy scalp, or hair loss, rosemary essential oil is a great way to take care of your hair. Have you already tried it yourself or do you rely on macadamia oil or argan oil in the fight against split ends, frizz and co? Tell us about your experiences in the comments or tell us some tips and tricks.