Telegram kicks off the new year with another major update to the app that has some minor and major changes on board.
Telegram kicks off the new year with a major update for the mobile app, the changelog never ends and outperforms the competition again. Telegram doesn’t compare to WhatsApp for nothing, but it offers a lot more features. At the beginning of the new year there are some improvements, such as the more individual design of the application thanks to the new color themes and the new color theme editor. Also, we can now schedule messages that will only be sent to the recipient when they are back online. We can also find other smaller but practical changes in the latest changelog. More details on this below.
Telegram starts the new year with a big update
- Enjoy a new advanced color theme editor and color themes with gradients and patterns.
- Schedule sending of messages when the recipient goes online (only works if the person shares their online status with you).
- Selecting places is even easier when you share your location.
- Switch directly to night mode from the left side menu.
- Get stylish dark maps by looking at locations in night mode.
- Select video quality even easier when sending videos.
- See new animations when you switch between messages in a chat, open global search, or make the file visible in the chat list.
- Swipe down on profile pages to view profile photos.
- Highlight part of the text in a message to copy, share, etc.
- Deactivate “Speak into your ear” to deactivate the recording of a response directly after listening to it.
- Send a single 🎄 or ⛄ emoji in chat if Christmas has passed too quickly and you are a fan of animated emojis.
- Discover 31 improvements and bug fixes. One for each day in December.
If you want to learn more about the changes made in the latest update of the application, you can find more information on the Telegram blog.