Samsung is sending the new Galaxy Watch 3 on the run, with a rotating bezel and great data. However, everything that might be there is not included at first.
Samsung has introduced some new devices to its Galaxy portfolio, including the well-known Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 with Tizen OS. The really cool Samsung Smartwatch comes with a shock absorber on the market as we don’t get all the features even for the full price. The fine print is worth another look, only then does Samsung provide insight into the details. The highlight is again the rotating bezel for jumping through menus.
Three sanitary functions are advertised initially, but are not included. At least not right away, Samsung writes on its press page:
- the SpO2 function is not available at launch and will be available in Q3 2020.
- the Functions for blood pressure and EKG are currently available in South Korea. Both roles have been approved by the South Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety.
Otherwise, the Galaxy Watch 3 is no longer necessarily surprising, the most important details were already known in the last weeks before the presentation. There are basically 41 and 45mm sizes, the screens have grown to 1.2 and 1.4 inches. Super AMOLED, of course, protected with Gorilla Glass DX.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Datasheet
- Color (stainless steel): Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic Silver
- Housing material: stainless steel; Strap: premium leather
- Processor: Exynos 9110, 1.15 GHz dual-core
- Dimensions and weight: 45mm: 45 x 46.2 x 11.1mm / 53.8g (stainless steel), 41mm: 41 x 42.5 x 11.3mm / 48.2g (stainless steel)
- Display 45mm: 1.4 inches (34mm), 41mm: 1.2 inches (30mm), Corning Gorilla Glass DX, (2.5D front + 3D rear glass)
- Battery: 340mAh (45mm), 247mAh (41mm), WPC-based wireless charging
- Operating system: Tizen 5.5-based portable operating system
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM + 8 GB of internal memory (approximately 4.3 GB freely available)
- Connectivity: LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou Sensors: Accelerometer with 32g, position sensor, barometric altimeter, ambient light sensor, 8-photodiode plethysmographic pulse sensor, electrocardiogram (ECG )
- Resistance: 5ATM + IP686 / MIL-STD-810G
- Android compatibility: Android 5.0 or higher and 1.5 GB of RAM or higher, iOS: iPhone 5 with iOS 9.0 or higher
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 prices
- 41mm: € 418 (Mystic Bronze, Mystic Silver)
- 41mm LTE: 467 euros (Mystic Bronze, Mystic Silver)
- 45mm: € 447 (Mystic Black, Mystic Silver)
- 45mm LTE 496 euros (Mystic Black, Mystic Silver)