“X-Men: Dark Phoenix” has been in German theaters since yesterday, but so far the mutant adventure has only attracted a few fans. The worst start to the series is safe and not even good enough to top the charts.
Around 20,000 spectators bought a ticket for “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” yesterday Thursday, so between 120,000 and 125,000 visitors can be expected throughout the weekend, also depending on the weather. This means that the Marvel comic adaptation won’t even top the charts on its opening weekend, instead it will have to defeat the long-running hit “Aladdin.”, which will probably have more than 150,000 visitors and therefore will occupy the first place of the lists for the third consecutive weekend and will be the ninth film this year to exceed one million movie tickets sold.
For “Dark Phoenix” it will be the weakest initial result for an “X-Men” movie in Germany. The days when the first movie in late summer 2000 drew more than 900,000 moviegoers on the first weekend are long gone, but now the numbers for the weakest starts to date are not even remotely “X-Men. : First Decision ”(206,000 the first weekend) and X-Men: Apocalypse (213,000).
With these weak opening numbers, “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” couldn’t even get 500,000 visitors in Germany in the end. To rank, we have the respective start weekends in comparison (always without trailers and for the pure weekend plus the ending figures from all previous X-Men movies in the franchise).
- X-Men (903,000 / 2.3 million)
- X-Men 2 (890,000 / 2.1 million)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (680,000 / 1.6 million)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (428,000 / 1.0 million)
- X-Men: First Decision (206,000 / 645,000)
- Wolverine: Way of the Warrior (223,000 / 890,000)
- X-Men: The Future is Past (276,000 / 1.1 million)
- Deadpool (714,000 / 2.7 million)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (213,000 / 777,000)
- Logan – The Wolverine (312,000 / 1.04M)
- Deadpool 2 (661,000 / 2.2 million)
FILMSTARTS Review of “Dark Phoenix”